Pool Source Optimizes Inventory and Sales Using Cloud ERP
Content/ideas in this post provided in part by Acumatica and may not reflect the views of ERP Cloud News. Learn more about Acumatica Cloud ERP.
An independent distributor of pool supplies located in Nashville, Tennessee, Pool Source LLC is focused on expert service. As a burgeoning business, the Company needed an ERP system to control inventory, track prices, manage sales and returns, track customer accounts and receivables, and deliver profitability reports. An existing point of sale solution made order-taking for the distributor simple and easy, but it did not provide the ability to manage complex pricing or link purchase orders directly to customer sales orders. Pool Source was challenged to:
- Maintain customer-specific pricing
- Design processes for warehouse sales and deliveries to stores or job sites
- Add multiple users without complex setup and additional fees
- Meet custom reporting requirements
The Company knew it had to gain more control over inventory by migrating to a feature-rich, flexible ERP platform that would not require them to purchase hardware or hire IT staff to manage ongoing upgrades and maintenance. As such, Pool Source evaluated a number of software as a service (SaaS) and traditional solutions, including Acumatica Cloud ERP and NetSuite. Implementing a platform that required no client or on-premise software, or maintenance expenses was surely at the top of Pool Source’s mind and while Acumatica and NetSuite both offered this kind of SaaS format, only Acumatica offered a growth-friendly pricing structure with unlimited users, as well as local support for deployment requirements. Not to mention, with the Acumatica system running on the Microsoft Azure Cloud, the pool supplier would benefit from built-in disaster recovery capabilities, without the headaches of managing operating systems, hardware and other data center complexities.
Using Acumatica’s ERP-in-the-cloud software, Pool Source is now able to:
- Customize its inventory search capability and simplify management of thousands of warehouse items
- Tailor pricing by item and customer to maximize profitability
- Customize multiple sales processes – onsite cash sales as well as deliveries made to customer accounts
- Involve multiple users without complex setup and additional fees
- Access real-time data from anywhere
- Offer expert service and support as needed
For more information on Pool Source’s deployment success, please read the full ERP distribution software case study.